Sunday, August 6, 2017

Week in Review 31/17




Normally in my review, I make a summary of important and interesting news and events over the last week related to my portfolio holdings. I also normally put together some interesting articles from other websites that caught my attention during the past week. This week is different, Hawk was on vacation, was relaxing in the sun, was swimming at sea, was eating and drinking well ... was enjoying his life :)









Next week Hawk will probably go back to work and continue to do his  traditional week in review.


Thanks for stopping by, have a nice next week!

6 comments:

  1. Well done. I didn't pay attention to financial news for three weeks in July and it felt really good. I didn't open my beloved Excel spreadsheets at all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs a vacation or time off. Glad you were able to get the opportunity to do so. Pictures look nice. This is my vacation month as well. Taking a week or two off. Looking forward to it, much needed. Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoyed your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the vacation!

    A question for you. As it seems that the Trump-Korea issue might have initiated a bit of a market correction, would you be of the opinion that cashing out on profits now on companies that pay annual dividends (like most European brands) to repurchase those same companies at a lower price, ahead of the next dividend cycle, is an advisable strategy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Petinga!

      Sometimes that could be a good strategy, in my case it will not work, because I would need to pay 30% capital gains tax on my profit and I don't currently have any losses that I could reduce.

      Thanks for visiting,
      DH

      Delete
  4. It is raining here today. Thanks for sharing the sunny pictures Hawk. Makes me want to go on vacation again.

    ReplyDelete